Fao Internship Program , The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to end hunger, achieve food security for all, and ensure that people have regular access to enough quality food to lead active and healthy lives. The organization has more than 194 member countries and operates in more than 130 countries around the world.
The Human Resources Internship Program is designed to attract talented young men and women with a strong drive to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest experiences in the field of organizational work. The programme provides participants with an educational opportunity to complement their academic knowledge with practical work assignments in areas relevant to FAO’s work. Through their training experience at FAO, trainees will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the Food and Agriculture Organization’s strategic objective to achieve a world without hunger – SDG 2.
Areas of training in the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO):
– Land and water resources
– Crop production and protection and land management
– Animal production and animal health
– Fisheries and aquaculture
– Forest Science
– Food and Agriculture Policy
– Agricultural research, extension and development
– Agriculture and rural infrastructure
– Knowledge Management Programme and Information and Networking
– Emergency and Rehabilitation
– Desert Locusts in the Middle Near East
– The role of women in development
Eligibility criteria and conditions that must be met by the applicant:
1) Be enrolled in a university degree program (bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate) or graduate of an internationally recognized educational institution (i.e. listed in the IAU / UNESCO database) at the time of application or recent graduates.
2) The applicant must be a specialist in a field related to the organization’s tasks and work.
3) Working knowledge of at least one of the FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
Knowledge of a second language of the organization’s languages is an advantage that gives preference to its owner.
4) To be a citizen of a country that is a member of the FAO.
5) Candidates must be between 21 and 30 years old.
6) Candidates should be able to adapt to a multicultural international environment and have good communication skills.
7) Candidates who have family members (brother, sister, mother, father) working for FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible to participate in the internship program.
8) Candidates must have appropriate residency or immigration status at the proposed duty station prior to the commencement of the internship assignment.
9) Candidates who previously had an internship at FAO, will not be eligible for another internship.
10) The Food and Agriculture Organization pays a monthly stipend to trainees if they are not sponsored by universities or other entities.
- application form
- Motivation letter
- Graduation certificate or proof of enrolment at an accredited university or a copy of the accompanying academic qualifications.
- Language proficiency certificate (if any)
How to apply:
Step 1: Create an account on the FAO website and submit from here.
Step 2: Fill in the following information and upload the required documents:
(Personal information, education information, work experience, certificates, etc.)
Step 3: Review and submit your application.
Important information for applicants:
It is best to submit your application before the deadline.
- Your application will be reviewed based on the information provided in your documents.
- Only approved academic dissertations or degrees obtained from educational institutions accredited by the International Federation of Universities or the UNESCO list will be considered.
- All applications will be reviewed and only eligible applicants will be contacted by the Employment Office for an interview, and if they are selected for training, they will be contacted again.
Application Deadline: 31-12-2022
You can access the official website of the opportunity from below button